Artificial Intelligence (AI) is not only a topic of discussion for the innovators in the science field but also a topic of exploration and expansion in the business industry, specifically the mobile app industry. And it is worth noting that AI is not just limited to Google’s Assistant or Apple’s Siri anymore, it is growing much more than that and 2019 seem to be the year when we will see mobile app developers integrating more of artificial intelligence in their apps.
When smartphones and mobile apps have just started getting attention among users, both the iOS and Android apps were quite fragmented. However, the app developers, as well as device manufacturers, don’t want the users to keep on scrolling among the thousands and millions of apps that are present in the iOS and Android app stores. Thus, the constant efforts to ensure easy navigation and the searching system has been in place and the technology of Artificial Intelligence have seemed to fit perfectly in the scenario, especially when it is providing the developers and users the power of voice to perform the tasks.
What is artificial intelligence (AI)?
Artificial intelligence is a unique technology in computer science. This technology focuses on developing intelligent machines that can simplify human tasks. It engineers these intelligent machines to perform and respond to tasks like humans. Thus, AI helps these machines to mimic human intelligence.
Artificial intelligence is a great innovation. This technology is seamless in its problem-solving abilities. It has vast use in the areas of speech recognition, banking, and educations. The truth is; AI integrated apps will improve app performance and their success rate.
AI is one aspect of computer science that is focused on the development of intelligent machines that function and work like humans. With AI, machines are becoming capable to perform human-like tasks and adjust to new inputs while learning from experience.
The core problems of associating iPhone app development with artificial intelligence include developing apps for certain traits such as The ability to manipulate and move objects, enhance perception, solve problems, reason and apply knowledge.
Today, most app development companies consider AI as an integral part of app development. These developers program apps that display learning, reasoning, and planning traits. Other traits of these apps are knowledge, perception, and ability to manipulate data. Thus, this creates a seamless experience for app users leading to enhanced satisfaction.
Artificial Intelligence in Mobile Applications
What is the potential of such technology development, particularly in the field of mobile applications? Close attention to the study of artificial intelligence is paid by the part of scientists from US universities. For example, in 2014 the project was launched, its name is AI100 – Century-old study of artificial intelligence at Stanford University. The importance of this research was caused by the analysis of the impact of the development of new technologies on human life in terms of its safety, psychology, social structure and other spheres.
Specialists in the field of development of new technologies suppose that Artificial Intelligence, as a symbiosis of science and technology, will later become an integral part of all branches of everyday life, for example, games, speech recognition, handwriting recognition, and smart robots, where the last ones have special sensors that identify physical data.
Integration of Artificial Intelligence into Mobility
Now, the use of Artificial Intelligence in mobile applications is growing as its application, first of all, makes a person’s life easier and better, and also economies the time. AI changes the boundaries of its stay: you can find it not only in laboratories but also in our everyday life as a GPS, in energy networks, in the online world.
Importance Role of AI in iOS app development
Developers begin to create AI-enabled systems that can effectively learn from past experience, discover meaning, and exhibit the ability to reason and have already started integrating this technology to perform certain specific tasks such as voice or handwriting recognition, computer search engines and performing medical diagnosis.
- Siftr Magic
- Seeing AI
- The Roll
- Replika: It is one of the most advanced artificial intelligence apps that are of importance for iPhone app development. It is an all-in-one app, that serves different aspects of the user’s life. The most interesting feature of the app is its ability to have conversations with the user in a way that it appears like a real human and not a bot.
- Airpoly: It works in a similar way to Seeing AI and it is targeted at the visually impaired. The app is highly intelligent and is able to identify as much as three objects in a single second. The app can see and think.
- ELSA: It is an abbreviation for the English Language Speech Assistant. It is the very first of its kind and the most astute, and it is aimed at helping users enhance their pronunciation. It is a relevant Artificial Intelligence app for iPhone app development.
- Siftr Magic: It an artificial intelligent app relevant to iPhone app development that uses deep learning to identify images that are not essential and make a recommendation to have them deleted. The app’s recommendation is based on the content of the photo and the number of times it has been viewed. The app does not delete photos on its own, rather it simply makes a recommendation.
- Cortana: It can carry out a wide range of tasks, from scheduling meetings to sending emails, from keeping track of events to sending you updates and reminders. When it is integrated into users smartphone and desktop it can assess all relevant information, sort them out, and deliver its services efficiently.
- Hound: Another very effective and efficient assistant is the Hound. The app has voice search features, which allows users to speak to it and receive recommendation movies, restaurants, parks, etc.
- Seeing AI: It is regarded as one of the best and most applicable artificial intelligence apps ever made during iPhone app development. It is giving hope to people who are visually impaired and allowing them to be able to better interact with their environment.
- The Roll: Whereas Sifr Magic uses deep learning to identify photos that are not essential and recommend them for delete, The Roll browses through your phone to find the best photos on it. The app uses image recognition technology to achieve the feat.
Benefits of AI
In addition, in programs using AI, fewer errors and defects are allowed, since artificial intelligence is more universal than human intelligence. The most important thing to say is that the difference between AI and conventional programming is in the presence of “intelligence”, in other words, the imitation of a certain level of human thinking. In that way, we avoid only the sequential execution of pre-programmed steps. For example, algorithms with artificial intelligence are used in such search engines as Google.
Advanced artificial intelligence can be built on the basis of the so-called cognitive architecture, and individual modules in it can be responsible for functions such as eyesight, recognition, and generation of speech, making decisions, attention and other aspects of the mind.
Some companies teach us how to optimize prices and increase our sales and margins using Artificial Intelligence techniques and dynamic pricing.
AI is designed to serve the public good: to moderate publications in social networks (for example, with its help on Facebook, publications that are relevant to the propaganda of terrorism are effectively deleted).
In addition, artificial intelligence effectively filters photographs that contain inappropriate materials for publication, however offensive and angry publications are still a weak point of technology.
Artificial Intelligence which uses in Mobile Apps
- If your application is about customer service, for example, creating reports and market reviews, you need to use a natural language technology (Natural Language Generation). It is offered by such companies as Attivio, Automated Insights, Cambridge Semantics, Digital Reasoning, Lucidworks, Narrative Science, SAS, and Yseop.
- One of the popular technologies used in interactive voice control systems and mobile applications is Speech Recognition Technology. This technology, for example, the Siri or Cortana system, allows decoding and transforming human speech into a format that is understandable to a computer. NICE, Nuance Communications, OpenText and Verint Systems are among the companies that offer such services.
- If you plan to have a business application that has to be able to interact with people online, to contain feedback from the user or the online community, in other words, to use chatbots or voice managers, then you will be assisted by Virtual Agents. Amazon, Apple, Artificial Solutions, Assist AI, Creative Virtual, Google, IBM, IPsoft, Microsoft and Satisfied offer the use of such technologies.
- Suppose your application is corporate, and also used for forecasting and classification, you should implement Machine Learning platforms based on Machine Learning (ML). Companies associated with the sale of this type of ML technology are Amazon, Fractal Analytics, Google, H2O.ai, Microsoft, SAS, and Skytree. These tech giants propose a wide selection of software and tools with AI for developers.
- Biometrics is a technology that allows you to identify, measure and analyze human behavior and physical aspects of structure and shape of the body through work with images, sensory recognition, voice and gesture control. It is used mainly in marketing research (3VR, Affectiva, Agnitio, FaceFirst, Sensory, Synqera, Tahzoo).
- Text Analytics and NLP (Natural Language Processing) technology allow you to find the information you need in search engines, generate news, structure the solid text. This technology is currently used for security and fraud detection systems. The most popular ones are Basis Technology, Coveo, Expert System, Indico, Knime, Lexalytics, Linguamatics, Mindbreeze, Sinequa, Stratified, and Synapsify.
- Another interesting technology that allows the software to «read» emotions from the human face with the help of advanced image processing or audio data is Emotion Recognition, so human senses are captured through subtle speech signals and voice intonation. This tool is widely popular among start-ups like Beyond Verbal, nViso, Emotion AI and Affectiva.
- And, finally, in your mobile application, you can successfully use Image Recognition technology based on the process of identifying and detecting an object/function in a digital image or a video. IR technology can be used to detect license plates, to diagnose diseases, to analyze clients, to verify users by their faces. Companies that use IR include Clarifai, which provides image recognition systems for customers; SenseTime, which develops the technology of face recognition, that can be applied to the analysis of payments and images for checking bank cards.
AI is at the center of a new enterprise to build computational models of intelligence. The main assumption is that intelligence (human or otherwise) can be represented in terms of symbol structures and symbolic operations which can be programmed in a digital computer. There is much debate as to whether such an appropriately programmed computer would be a mind, or would merely simulate one, but AI researchers need not wait for the conclusion to that debate, nor for the hypothetical computer that could model all of the human intelligence. Aspects of intelligent behaviors, such as solving problems, making inferences, learning, and understanding language, have already been coded as computer programs, and within very limited domains, such as identifying diseases of soybean plants, AI programs can outperform human experts. Now the great challenge of AI is to find ways of representing the commonsense knowledge and experience that enable people to carry out everyday activities such as holding a wide-ranging conversation or finding their way along a busy street. Conventional digital computers may be capable of running such programs, or we may need to develop new machines that can support the complexity of human thought.