What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool – a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL.
Prerequisites Of WordPress
To use WordPress you must have a server (WAMP, XAMP) installed on your machine for its working environment. Without a server you won’t be able to install WordPress.
Step #1 Download WAMP Server
1. In this post, I have used WAMP server (supports PHP and MySQL) for installing WordPress. You can use any web server of your choice to install WordPress.
2. Link to download wampserver :
3. Remember one thing, while installing WAMP, no other servers should be in active mode otherwise it will conflict installation of WAMP.
4. After downloading WAMP server, just double click on its icon to run and install it in one of your directories (By default it gets installed on Local disk C).
5. After download , now install the wamp server . To do that , first of all remember this every time you turn on your machine, first, you will need to activate WAMP server simply by double-clicking on its icon.After activating it that you will see a green “W” mark (which looks red by default) on your task-bar.
Step #2 Download WordPress Zip
1. Now open your browser. Go to
https://wordpress.org/download/ and easily download the latest version of WordPress.
Step #3 Open Directory Where You Have Installed WAMP
1. Open your directory where you have installed WAMP server and perform the following steps.
1.1 Directory (Local disk C, by default wamp, is installed in this directory) –> wamp –> www–> copy the zip folder of WordPress here and do right click on it and select “extract here”.
Step #4 Open Your Browser Window
1. Open your web browser window and type the following on your address bar
“localhost/phpmyadmin/” and press enter.
2. The following page shown in figure will display on your screen:
3. Now, select the database and create a database for your WordPress, let’s say for e.g. “wordpress” as shown in the figure below.
4. Simply click on create and your database is ready to use.
Step #5 Type
“localhost/wordpress” On Your Browser and click
Step #6 Click
“Let’s go” button
Step #7 Fill Database Connection Details:-
1. Here, the database name should be the name of the database that you have created in
step 3 and step 4 and the username is
"root" by default and the password is blank and then finally click on the
Note: Here,Not always the username is root and password is blank, these values one has to keep as per their respective Settings.
2. After that click on
Run the Installation Button.
Step #8 Fill Other General Information and Click
“Install WordPress” as shown in the screen shot below and click on
In this above image the username and password that you have entered , keep a note of them as you will need them while log-in into the admin panel. And the username is admin here just for the sake of explanation but dont use such username while you are moving to production Server.
Step #9 After the Succesfull Installation you will be able to see the Login Screen of WordPress Admin Panel as shown below.
Kudos!! You have Succesfully Installed WordPress and ready to Explore It!! 😉
Stay Tuned with US for our next interesting post on How to create Custom ShortCode for WordPress!! 🙂